Friday 19 February 2010

Ikea's founder Ingvar Kamprad


Ikea's founder Ingvar Kamprad on Friday expressed "distress" over a bribery affair which has led to the firing of the Swedish furniture giant's two top managers of its Russian division.

"I sat in my old armchair and cried. I wept like a child because I was so sad," he said in an interview with the newspaper.

"I am heartbroken about what happened," he said. "I am very, very sorry."

The company said on Saturday its "representatives in Russia agreed upon bribes being paid, related to power supply to Ikea-owned MEGA shopping centres in Saint Petersburg."

"Two top managers have left their positions and Ikea with immediate effect," the group added.

Kamprad is now 83-years-old and set up the Ikea flat-pack furniture firm in 1943 when a teenager.

Read more here.....http://www.thelocal.se/25096/20100219/

No comments:

Post a Comment